AWS Cloud Architect
Business AreaIT & Technology
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages.
You will be working in the Infrastructure Technology Consulting team based in Poland, being a part of a global Cloud Practice within Cloud Infrastructure Services business unit. You will have the possibility to exchange your knowledge and experience with other consultants, subject matter experts and architects across the globe in variety of infrastructure domains such as: network, storage, cloud automation, server operating systems (Wintel/Linux), virtualization etc.
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients
- Define Migration strategy to move application to cloud
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools
- Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
- Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Design the HA / DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee build of the environment
- Execute migration plan
- Leverage appropriate AWS services
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls
- Should be strong in conceptualizing and problem-solving
- Structured thinking and decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to drive & lead the team, onsite-offshore co-ordination is very essential
- Understanding of various technology alternatives & evolving technologies in market
- Strong project management skills - requirements, schedule, quality & risk management for medium to large scale projects
- Ability to engage with diverse business groups and facilitate the discussions
- Experience in delivering large enterprise level applications
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- At least 1-3 years of working on data management domain with big data would be a plus
What'll make You special
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- At least 2-4 years of working on cloud-based technologies like Amazon AWS, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, VPN, Amazon API Gateway, Redshift etc
- Strong understanding in DW/BI technologies – DW data modeling, Data integration (Informatica / Talend etc), Visualization/Reporting technologies (Tableau preferred)
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Knowledge of AWS security, Federated identity management solutions (Ping Federate, Oracle Virtual Directory)
- Experience with integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Configuration management using Cloud Formation, Chef & Puppet
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
What we offer
- Possibility of full time remote work.
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients- known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages.
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen.
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities.
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives.
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program).
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities.