Business Intelligence Consultant
Business AreaIT & Technology
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages. Meet our team!
Capgemini’s Service Integration (SI) Practice provides people, processes, and tooling to integrate the services of an ecosystem of internal and external service providers. It enables a comprehensive range of integration, including disciplines in operations, projects, performance, and planning, all targeted at transforming the IT function. The SI Practice enables projects to allow a client to establish a Service Integration layer, projects that transition to Capgemini as the provider of Service Integration run services, and projects that improve the Service Management processes and toolsets of a client.
To the ISH Business Intelligence team within SI Practice we are looking for BI/Analytics experienced Consultant who will play a key role in designing and building of BI solutions for external and internal customers.
The BI Consultant provides expertise in the design, development and operation of subject matter areas and associated reports contained within the enterprise data warehouse as well as other data sources. Engages with operations teams to understand and translate business requirements into operational designs for business intelligence projects. Support the development of productive relationships with non-IT staff performing BI-related activities and management, operational and other reporting activities. Continually align BI and reporting project requirements to broader IT strategies and architectures. Maintain technical competency, participate in vendor and customer meetings and assist in advancing the Business Intelligence services. Drive continuous improvements to keep BI architecture and solutions aligned with current and future business needs.
You will be working in the Business Intelligence (BI) Consulting Team in Krakow and Katowice. We are a team of experienced BI experts who are passionate about integrating, analyzing and visualizing data to provide valuable insights to the customers.
So far we delivered number of solutions based on various technologies such as: QlikView/Qlik Sense, Microsoft BI (SSRS, SSIS), Power BI, SAP Business Objects and Service Now – Performance Analytics.
- Develop and implement reports, best practices, documentation, and dashboards for end users, including systems and methodologies for report processing for data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Identify data sources, and design and maintain the acquisition, security and integrity of reports by developing strategies and methods using various tools.
- Document and improve report foundational procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Maintain the quality and security of data as it flows through various systems.
- Develop, maintain, test, and evaluate reporting solutions within the organization.
- Implement and maintain report security user groups’ authentication and authorization.
- Monitor and maintain in-house BI reporting servers.
- Assist in defining and creating ETL mapping and process flow, as well as provide daily production support to report processes and end-user community.
- Work independently with business customers to provide requirements analysis and define scope for new report requirements, and perform changes to existing functionality.
- 3+ years database experience.
- Hands-on experience with one or more BI/Reporting tools such as QlikView/QlikSense, SQL (SSRS, SSIS), SAP BI (i.e. Business Objects, SAP Lumira), Oracle OBIEE, MS Power BI etc.
- Must be detail-oriented data analysis expert.
- Direct experience creating dashboards and scorecards.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the desire to work on new, innovative, cutting-edge technologies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Candidates with ITIL processes experience or/and certification would be preferred
- Analytical skills focused on multidimensional data analysis
- Good understanding of Business Intelligence reporting concepts and applications
- Ability to recognize and interpret business requirements
- Strong English communication skills, candidate must be capable to work in an English speaking environment
What we offer:
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients - known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen philosophy.
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities.
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives.
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program)