The EIB, the European Union's bank. is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Transversal Services Departments (TSD) - Information and Reporting Division (IR) – Admin Suite Unit (AS), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of August
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Within the Information and Reporting Division, and as the SharePoint Administrator / Engineer (internally referred to as Analyst / Officer IT Applications), you will provide a wide variety of advanced technical services to ensure that various business applications are scalable, available and reliable and that they offer optimal performance. You will be working within teams in charge of application technical management, including support, incident, change, release and maintenance activities, as well as of project-related technical tasks.
Working as part of the Admin Suite Unit, you will be in charge of the technical management of various applications and solutions in the domain of Microsoft “SharePoint” including but not limited to (MS SharePoint 2013, MS SharePoint 2016, MS Project Server s.o.)
You will report directly to the Head of Admin Suite Unit and work internally, with business users involved in IT projects, IT professionals, Heads of Unit, Heads of Division and Directors. Externally, you will cooperate with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups, etc.) in own domain.
As a SharePoint Administrator / Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to IT policies, procedures and strategies in order to ensure an optimal operation of the systems supporting the EIB’s core business processes
- Proposing and implementing tools to administer/improve the applications infrastructure
- SharePoint Farm Administration and Support
- Coordinating the various infrastructure and access management tasks, in collaboration with the central IT infrastructure and security teams
- Representing the Division in the Change Advisory Board
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Preparing regular activities such fail-over recovery tests, patching campaigns
- Providing technical support to the teams responsible for application implementations and custom developments
- Reviewing the application system architecture and proposing solutions
- Participating in the selection of new applications and development tools
- Providing specific advice and recommendations on Information Solutions in the assigned functional area
- Mentoring and training other support staff
- Supervising external consultants
- University degree in Information Technology or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar function: application support, infrastructure support or a related IT domain.
- Previous experience in a financial institution is considered an advantage
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint technical architecture and design.
- Experience in practical technical administration of complex SharePoint environments.
- SharePoint upgrade experience and process understanding
- ITIL/ITSM experience in Change, Release, Incident and Problem Management
- Experience working with Windows
- Experience using scripting languages: PowerShell specifically with the SharePoint Online Management Shell
- of the authentication technologies: AD, Kerberos, Identity Federation, LDAP, SSO.
- Experience in the procurement of software and services would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server technical configuration, monitoring and performance tuning will be an asset
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s IT landscape and its related processes/procedures will be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 19th July 2018
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.