Location: Brande, Denmark
For Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Offshore Technology department in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for skilled Project Managers to lead wind turbine development projects for future world class offshore wind turbines.
Join their department of experienced project managers in a supportive and professional environment, where they expect to learn from you, just as you can expect to learn from them!
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead large scale and complex product development projects involving many domains and stakeholders across the business
- Full project responsibility in terms of time, cost and quality delivered - from scoping phase until project closure
- Overall project planning and execution in close collaboration with a team of dedicated Project Managers and Chief Engineers
- Project breakdown, planning and execution; secure the top-level planning in consistency with overall plans from all involved domains and organizational units
- Cross-business coordination of the project through the entire value chain
- Delivery of technically robust and fully compliant designs to the best possible product cost
- Lead the daily project execution and stakeholder engagement activities
- Project execution in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Technology processes and tools
- Stakeholder and risk management in the project including reporting to key stakeholders and Steering Committee
- NPI of the developed solution. Full sourcing and manufacturing setup at suppliers and with Siemens plants.
- Ensure close cooperation with Procurement, Production, Installation and Service to guarantee optimal solution for our customers
- Continuous improvement of the project development process, as a part of the PM team
- To be the best possible ambassador for your project and for the department!
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- Background or experience with wind turbine design or application is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Preferably, you have an education within electrical, mechanical, electromechanical or marine engineering combined with several years of experience of project management, preferable within product development / R&D
- It is a big advantage to have experience with project management of complex projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers. It is an advantage if you have documented your experience through relevant Project Management certification (for example IPMA B/C, PMP, Prince2 Foundation/Practitioner) and a relevant project track record
- Your leadership style foster development of trust in the organization and to your project
- It is a requirement to have strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- It is natural for you to keep a holistic overview of your project, without missing the important details
- You have experience with, or insight and ability to, to work along the entire value chain - from Sales until turbine is handed over to customer / Service
- You have a structured approach to your assignments and can handle project scope changes occurring in a dynamic R&D environment to the full satisfaction of your stakeholders.
- You are an excellent planner and is used to networking and creating strong relations
- Ability to apply the commercial angle into the project and related products to deliver projects and products on target cost
- You possess and use the ability to engage stakeholders through strong collaboration
- You are outgoing and proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and you are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You possess excellent people management skills, and can interface with numerous parties
- You are prepared for travelling - normally not more than 15-25 days / year
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.