On this position you will be responsible for support the management of risk within the firm globally. Providing assistant-level support to the Risk team, with a particular focus on day to day issues and queries referred to the Law & Compliance team. This may involve project-specific, privacy and communications or process and administrative support and legal research.
Our Client is an international Law firm. For their developing structures we are looking do hire candidate for the position of Risk Specialist Law and Compliance.
- Monitoring all queries received via email (or otherwise) into the Law & Compliance team and responding to such queries, or escalating to more senior member of the team (as appropriate);
- Providing support to the practice on issues with engagement letters, Outside Counsel Guidelines, our Terms of Business and non-disclosure agreements;
- Conducting Risk Assessments for the firm's cloud based projects;
- Handling requests for insider lists;
- Updating the firm's risk incident register;
- Assisting the Risk Warsaw Team with queries they have concerning audit enquiries, escalating any complex issues that may arise;
- Conducting preliminary research on professional rules and regulations;
- Conducting document reviews in relation to investigations (or otherwise);
- Providing general risk support on the firm's projects;
- Serving as an escalation point for Risk Warsaw Team reviewing of reports on use of the firm's IT systems to identify suspicious activities;
- Research assigned developments in law and regulation affecting law firms and share knowledge with team members as appropriate;
- To contribute to training of people in Business Services and the Practice on risk and compliance issues.
- Economics/Audit/Compliance/Internal Control/ Legal background
- Fluent English
- 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in a Risk Management, Compliance and/or Data Protection function
- Proficiency in data management
- Willingness to learn the complexities of Risk management within the law firm environment
- Able to analyse complex legal issues
- Attractive salary and benefit package
- Possibility for development in international Law firm
- Attractive location in Warsaw